Careers < Back to Careers main page
Directs and coordinates the asset management, on-going operations and administration of multiple value-add commercial properties. May perform the following duties personally, through third party managers, third party leasing agents, or through company personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of property managers and leasing agents (third party) to implement operating and capital strategies for a portfolio of assets.
- In coordination with internal team members, act as landlord representative for new tenant lease negotiations and renewal of existing tenant leases.
- Support and coordinate the sale process for portfolio dispositions.
- Update and analyze property proformas as a function of executing the business plan and determining an accurate NOI for each assigned asset.
- Proven ability to work as a leader and decision maker on a team. Ability to work in an organized, efficient manner with a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Ability to creatively overcome obstacles is critical to the success of this position.
- Evaluate on a continuing basis operating costs by monitoring each property’s performance and results against the approved budgets, recommending and/or approving necessary adjustments to achieve the scheduled cash flow or asset value objectives.
- Develop, review and approve short-term and long-term operational programs that will achieve or exceed cash flow objectives and maximize the asset value of each property.
- Forecast capital improvement requirements to maintain each properties efficiency and market competiveness.
- Direct budget development for each property, reviewing and approving budgets in cooperation with the respective Property Manager and property accountants.
- Monitor the procedures with respect to revenue management and ensure that policies, billings and collections are being enforced to maximize cash flow.
- Monitor the response to tenant requests for services and general customer service satisfaction.
- Annually oversee completion and accuracy of CAM reconciliations by accounting team.
- 5+ years of proven commercial/retail asset management or otherwise relevant experience.
- Leasing experience a plus.
- Education and or/experience: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university with at least five year’s industry experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public and regulatory agencies.
- Mathematical/Financial Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area. Real estate financial analysis skills essential.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Other skills and abilities: Must be service oriented, have ability to interact with all levels of individuals and groups of people both orally and in writing. Planning, organizational skills, an understanding of accounting and the ability to analyze and interpret lease agreements are necessary. Computer skills are required.